I want to start by sharing a particular case I had with a student. He was fifteen years old and always used to talk during class and was very easily distracted. When I arrived at the classroom, I was surprised by his behavior and how he did not respect his classmates and the rules of the classroom. After the first bimester, the report cards were handed out and this young man had failed my course and other courses. Unimaginably the mother of this student went to school to complain because his son had not passed the exams, she said that the teachers do not know how to teach and that we were the worst teachers in the world.
The teachers always informed the parents about the academic and behavioral progress of their children but every time this woman was mentioned she never came because it was justified that she had a lot of work. This mother justified the bad behavior of her son by saying that he did not live with his father and that affected him. Unfortunately this young man did not finish high school. Many times parents usually justify what our children do by blaming others and we do not realize the great harm we are causing them, because these children will one day be adults and continue to blame all of their failures.
Throughout my experience as a teacher I have always seen that students usually make excuses all the time, I did not do homework because someone got sick, I did not study because I was busy, I do not understand why my parents fight; There are always excuses for everything. When I see this situation, I usually put in motivational windows so that students can understand and internalize the big problem that causes them to blame others.
As children of God we must try to be better and we are not perfect for that reason we try to realize what our mistakes are and learning from them will not make better members and we will help the work of the Lord.
No hay comentarios.:
Publicar un comentario