martes, 28 de mayo de 2019

5 / 29 / 19 Week 06: Differences in Emotional Expressivity

I am Peruvian therefore I am Hispanic American and we are very expressive with our emotions. I remember once when my classmate disapproved an exam and she started to cry but in an exaggerated way and without reason from my point of view because it was just a note and then I could improve it. Hispanic American moms tend to be too overprotective, for example my parents did not want me to work when I finished high school because they did not want me to move or become independent. And many Peruvian families usually live parents, children, sons-in-law, daughters-in-law, grandchildren, cousins, uncles; all together in one house. Because they do not want to be far away and that makes people dependent.
Now that I know the difference of my culture with others will help me understand and help others to understand and be tolerant of others. Many American missionaries who come to Peru are usually very kind and some girls confuse that kindness with another type of feeling and this is because we are very different emotionally.
Once I had a student from the Middle East and they are also very different culturally and made that at the beginning I had problems with other children but after teaching them a bit of their culture and that we should accept ourselves as we are without being prejudiced or misunderstanding the children formed a great friendship bond.
I know that we are all children of God and our differences make us very valuable, parents and teachers have a great responsibility to raise awareness and teach love to our neighbors


No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario