It is very real that we currently live in a very diverse society and our classrooms are not the exception. However, teachers have the great challenge of making this diversity enriching and an objective in our schools. That is why we ourselves and the students keep an open mind and desire to know those with whom we live.
Brother Ivers has given examples and clear descriptions about cultural diversity. I remember that when I was studying at school I had a Japanese classmate, and I was surprised and did not understand why she was so respectful and did not use to express herself. Many children used to make fun and were not nice to her. Our teacher never did anything to improve the environment in the classroom. Now I understand that if a teacher is not sufficiently prepared he will not know how to act.
At TESOL, I know that it is very important to understand and respect our students with their cultural diversity. I think if I had students from different cultures, I would teach others about the importance of respecting and tolerating our neighbor. I would show you the beauties of those countries and how valuable they are. And obviously I would ask the help of the parents so that at home they also encourage respect and love towards others.

No hay comentarios.:
Publicar un comentario