miércoles, 5 de junio de 2019

6 / 5 /19 Week 7: Differences in Manners

In the Peruvian society in which I live there are many manners that are considered discourtesy or bad education. For example here is usually greeted by giving a kiss on the cheek and when one rejects it they consider it discourteous, entering somewhere should always be greeted, urinating on the street is very rude, etc. But over time all this has been lost so much so that young people grow up with fewer limits of proper behavior and it is because of the lack of education in values ​​at home.

In our family nights, my husband and I usually talk with our daughters about correct ways of behaving and respecting others. When I was teaching in a relatively expensive private school, I was surprised by the lack of values ​​and respect on the part of the students. They did not listen to you, they questioned all the time about homework and exams, heterosexual and homosexual couples showed up with total freedom in the schoolyard without any respect for the youngest children in the school.

I believe that we must always respect the rules of coexistence in each place and as teachers and parents we must learn to respect and act according to the society where we are. Something that should never change is to be true disciples of Jesus Christ, and there is no better way to teach than with our own example.

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario